A round up of the latest posts from Sheffield United forums
- Did our best not to win todayA decent riposte to the performance in midweek, but surely the way to defend an always precarious 2 goal lead is to maintain the press ... not drop deeper, and give the oppo extra yards to play in, man for man?
From about 25 mins left, 2-0 up, the talk around us was that we were positively inviting them to make it 2-2. With Wilder’s approval, it seemed. David Mac’s goal was the best goal of the game, and on balance we deserved the win. But jeez, we did our best not to. Read more »
- United 3 Preston 2 - reportThe Blades got back to winning ways after a dramatic victory over Preston North End at Bramall Lane meaning it has been a defeat, a draw and a victory in a week. It has been a real mixed bag of performances for United. Today; the home side improved from the really disappointing performance against Birmingham and edged in front in a largely eventless first half with a Billy Sharp’s poachers’ goal. An extremely negative Preston side offered little to nothing in reply and it was quite...
United 3 Preston 2 - report Read more »
- Who else was unable to get there today???I knew it was going to be busy today so i set off early from just outside Huddersfield. A 12 45 start would normally get me to my parking spot just off St Mary s Gate by 1 30.
At 1 15 I hit the tailback of traffic at the Prince of Wales turnoff on the Parkway. By 2 40 I had barely got beyond The Midland station. Here Id been stationary for over ten minutes. By this time I realised my parking spot would be long gone and finding another be a long and pointless task. So reluctantly I did a U...
Who else was unable to get there today??? Read more »
- Song for Fleck - borrowedI know Fleck has a song but not everyone can get tuned in to it.
Heard a Donny fan mention this song on P or G and I believe they use it for Marquis.
But our version is better and the words are actually true.
To the tune of Da do Ron Ron
Who's the best player in the football league
It's you Jon Jon Jon
It's you Jon Jon
Hopefully you're not all gonna tell me it's shit/been rejected before/sung about some shit Wednesday player... Read more »
- Last Man Standing 18/19 - Game 2 (21st September)
- McGoldrickI haven't been to any of the 2 games he's featured in but after reading Shields report on him just now in the Star he's surely a shoe in for signing? Mr Shield made him sound like a class performer that was at times 'irresitible' was he really this good? Like to hear from those that have seen both games. Read more »